Open Mic: Be a Guest Blogger for the Karaoke Lounge!

Have you got ideas or thoughts to share with the karaoke or singing community? We can give you the opportunity to write about it, as a guest blogger of the Karaoke Lounge!

Open Mic: Be a Guest Blogger for the Karaoke Lounge!

If you are interested in writing a guest blog article please submit a short description of your idea to karaokelounge@thekaraokechannel.com along with your name, a short biography as well as at least one writing sample (online URLs preferred) for which you are most proud.

General guidelines for articles if your pitch is selected:

• Articles should be between 300 and 900 words, although the word count should be appropriate for the specific article
  • If including photos or illustrations, you must own the copyright or the images must be royalty free
  • Embedded videos add great value to illustrate your points – but need to be on point and of decent quality

Possible topics for articles include:

• Your go-to Top 10 karaoke songs to sing
  • Ten songs that you will never sing at karaoke
  • Your most embarrassing karaoke moment
  • Your personal recap of an audition for a singing show (like American Idol, X Factor, Britain’s Got Talent, America’s Got Talent)
  • Recap of a local karaoke event or singing contest in your area

These are only suggestions if you have other ideas let us know.

15 Comments

Posted by Mike Forde 15. October 2010 at 9:39 pm :

Here’s my YOU TUBE clip. ENJOY!

Posted by Steve 19. December 2010 at 9:51 am :

I want to connect Karaoke Channel Online to my home theater system and TV. How do I do it? Thanks

Posted by Teresa 22. December 2010 at 7:53 pm :

Hi Steve,

Displaying The KARAOKE Channel ONLINE website on your TV is as easy as connecting your computer to your TV – you may need cables and/or converter and how easy it is to do will depend on both your computer system as well as your TV and sound system. Check out more information in this blog post. http://lounge.thekaraokechannel.com/connecting-the-karaoke-channel-online-to-your-tv/

Posted by Deb 24. April 2011 at 2:37 pm :

just to name a few sugggestions i.e. how about patsy cline (she’s got you & back in baby’s arms) and linda ronstadt (long long time) & ingelbert oldies for the oldies What day do you update I’ve been loooking for these have not seen them.. thanks

Posted by Teresa 27. April 2011 at 10:29 am :

Hi Deb. Songs are usually added on Tuesdays at The KARAOKE Channel ONLINE (although sometimes this varies because of holidays ;o). The schedule varies for the other karaoke services (onTV, Download Store, YouTube).

Thanks for the feedback!

Posted by Anne 24. September 2011 at 9:46 am :

Does anybody know how to hook up a microphone (and what kind to use) with Google TV and Revue with the Karaoke Channel app? Thanks!

Posted by Teresa 30. September 2011 at 9:16 am :

Hi Anne,

You may use any microphone compatible with your television and sound system to enjoy THE KARAOKE Channel on TV (whether you are using the Video on Demand service or the TV App available for Google TV. Since this depends on the specifics of your sound system, we recommend visiting an electronics store that sells microphones for home entertainment systems to ensure that the microphone you purchase is compatible with the other equipment you have.

Teresa

Posted by Ed 22. December 2011 at 8:55 pm :

Can’t seem to find information on any website which specifically explains how to hook up karaoke mics to my google tv. I have a logitech revue google tv system hooked up to an onkyo tx-sr805 receiver and a samsung 58″ tv. What do I need to hook up mics si I can use karaoke channel on my google tv?
thanks

Posted by Teresa 30. December 2011 at 10:54 am :

Hi Ed,

We’ve written an article for you about how to choose a microphone for your TV: http://lounge.thekaraokechannel.com/karaoke-microphones-and-tvs/

Hope this helps.

Posted by Ed 12. January 2012 at 11:21 am :

Thanks for the article. Unfortunately, that doesn’t help. The sound from my logitech revue google tv is via an hdmi cable. There is no way to connect that to standard mixers (as far as I can tell), although I may be missing something. It seem like you might be missing out on a segment of the population that wants to use your product but can’t figure out how to do it
thanks again

Posted by Noelle 18. January 2012 at 3:42 am :

I’m with Ed – I need information on this as well. I have already read the article on selecting mics. I need an article on integrating all the components – mics – tv – logitech revue

Posted by Oscar 16. September 2013 at 2:41 am :

hello, I like to have karaoke xbox now but I wish there was more and more Spanish songs of various artists such as no flag luis fonsi, pedro fernandez, alejandro fernandez, luis fonsi, among other more and if I could might please put the ami urban genre that personally I like very much and I would like to sing karaoke and continue to enjoy more romantic songs, salsa and more genres is a recommendation only hope I can have that at karaoke songs to enjoy having a great experience more with karaoke and of course fun, thanks for your attention.

Posted by Carrie 19. September 2013 at 3:38 pm :

Hi Oscar, thanks for your song requests! We will forward them to the Product Team. We can’t promise they will be added, but we will make sure they are considered. Thanks!

Posted by Sameer 6. November 2013 at 6:33 am :

Why doesn’t Karaokechannel includes some bollywood tracks to their collections?

Posted by Teresa 30. December 2013 at 4:55 pm :

Hi Sameer, We’ll submit a request for the addition of bollywood tracks for you. Songs need to be produced and licensed before they can be added. We can’t promise that they will be added, but we will submit the request for you.
thanks!